Congrats to The winners in the True North Radio Network Big Buck Contest! Nearly $2,000 in prizes! Buck must have been killed within True North Radio Network listening area, on public or private land in counties including Alcona, Alpena, Arenac, Cheboygan, Chippewa, Crawford, Emmet, Iosco, Mackinaw, Montmorency, Ogemaw, Oscoda, Otsego, or Presque Isle. Bucks had to measured at one of the following measuring stations to enter, except for the on-line contest.
- Rogers City Ace Hardware 1040 M-68 in Rogers City
- Atlanta Hardware 12374 State St. in Atlanta
- Nedo’s Farm Market 4660 South F41 in Mikado
- Crossroads Auto Plaza 2160 S. State Ave. in Alpena
- AuSable Collision and Glass 5660 F-41 in Oscoda
GRAND PRIZE ($650 Value) –Winner was Nathan Lenard-29 3/4 total points
$650 Shoulder Mount from Advanced Wildlife Designs of Alpena
SECOND PLACE ($369 Value)-Winner was Joshua Nedo-29 total points
$319 Utter Most powell Clock from Stanson’s Floor Covering and Furniture
$50 Gift Certificate from A & J Pools and Spas
THIRD PLACE ($270 Value)-Winner was Jim Kunath-28 total points
$145 Duraheat Radiant Tank Top Heater from Northeastern Window and Door
$100 Game Camera from Nedo’s Farm Market
$25 Visa Gift Card from EJ Paul Agency in Atlanta
FOURTH PLACE ($230 Value) –Winner was Taylor Juergens-28 total points( 3rd and 4th place was a tie, winner determined by random draw)
- $80 Tru EDC Essentials Kit from Rogers City Ace Hardware
- $50 Gift Certificate for an Oil Change, Tire Rotation & Alignment Check from Northern Collision & Auto Repair
- $50 Gift Certificate from A-1 Woods & Waters Sports Shop
- $50 Budweiser Swag from Huron Distributors
FIFTH PLACE ($150 Value)-Marcia Wodkowski 27 total points
- $50 Gift Certificate from AuSable Collision and Glass
- $50 Gift Certificate from Northern Guns and Ammo
- -$50 Gift Card from Walmart of Alpena
SMALLEST BUCK ($50 Value)-Loraine Lytle 7 total points
– $50 Gas Card from Crossroads Auto Plaza
– $50 Gift Certificate from Bob’s Gun Shop Winner was Nathan Strzelecki in a random drawing
– $50 Stormy Kromer Hat from Emery Enterprises
– $50 True Swift Edge Knife Set from Atlanta Hardware
True North Radio Network will notify the prize winners and arrangements will be made with them to receive their prizes.
Listen to 99.9 The WAVE, 107.7 The BAY & 100.7 Thunder Rock weekdays for a complete list of the daily entrants at 9:30 and 3:30. Businesses must fax or telephone your entries in to the station no later than Midnight to be read the following day, (FAX 989-354-4014 / PHONE 989-354-4611). Entries received after midnight will go on the following day’s list. Daily information shall not be disclosed to contestants prior to airing.
CONTEST OPEN ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF MICHIGAN. EACH CONTESTANT WILL COMPETE FOR THE PLACE PRIZES. PLACE PRIZES TO BE TALLIED AND ANNOUNCED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3RD. ARRANGEMENTS FOR PICKUP OF PRIZES WILL BE MADE WITH EACH WINNER AND RESPECTIVE BUSINESS. FEDERAL, STATE AND LOCAL TAXES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. EMPLOYEES OF TRUE NORTH RADIO NETWORK OR THEIR IMMEDIATE FAMILIES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO ENTER. EMPLOYEES OF OFFICIAL MEASURING STATIONS MAY NOT HAVE THEIR DEER MEASURED AT THEIR PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT. NO SUBSTITUTION OR TRANSFER OF PRIZE PERMITTED. FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS APPLY. RETURN OF ANY PRIZE AS UNDELIVERABLE WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION AND AN ALTERNATE SHALL BE SELECTED. TRUE NORTH RADIO NETWORK RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE A PRIZE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE. ACCEPTANCE OF PRIZE CONSTITUTES PERMISSION TO THE SPONSORS AND ITS AGENCIES TO USE THE WINNER’S NAME AND/OR IT’S LIKENESS FOR PURPOSES OF ADVERTISING AND TRADE WITHOUT FURTHER COMPENSATION, UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW. BY ACCEPTING A PRIZE, THE WINNER AGREES TO HOLD SPONSORS, THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES HARMLESS AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF USE OF THE PRIZE. WINNERS ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED, BY PARTICIPATION IN THIS PROMOTION. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION, ENTRANTS AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND ALL DECISIONS MADE BY THE PROMOTION’S SPONSORS. SPONSORS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL, TELEPHONE, OR OTHER ERRORS IN THE PRINTING OF THIS OFFER, OR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE PRIZE WINNER.