-
“ER’s” John Wells looks at layoffs in first film
January 24, 2010 – 11:00 pm

Television producer John Wells wasn’t exactly starting a new career when he decided to direct his first feature film, corporate layoff drama “The Company Men,” but as a 53-year-old rookie he could relate to the movie’s main characters.

Read Full Story
“Basterds,” Bullock, Bridges big SAG winners
January 24, 2010 – 11:00 pm

Quentin Tarantino’s World War Two movie “Inglourious Basterds” won its biggest award so far on Saturday, taking the top prize at the Screen Actors Guild awards.

Read Full Story
Sandra Bullock hushes Oscar talk
January 24, 2010 – 11:00 pm

For Sandra Bullock, sweeping up Hollywood awards is something new, but the actress said on Saturday after winning a SAG trophy that she didn’t want to be just a “money maker” in any kind of movie, and that her latest film “The Blind Side” gave her that chance.

Read Full Story
“Hope for Haiti Now” telethon raises $57 million
January 24, 2010 – 11:00 pm

The “Hope for Haiti Now” telethon, led by George Clooney and Haiti-born rapper Wyclef Jean, has raised more than $57 million for relief to the earthquake-ravaged country, organizers said on Saturday.

Read Full Story
Manning leads Colts past Jets to Super Bowl
January 24, 2010 – 11:00 pm

The Indianapolis Colts battled back to beat the New York Jets 30-17 for the American Football Conference (AFC) championship and advance to the Super Bowl on Sunday.

Read Full Story
No second game for London this year, says league
January 24, 2010 – 11:00 pm

The National Football League (NFL) will not play a second game in London this year because of the uncertainty of its collective bargaining agreement with players and the economic climate, the league said Sunday.

Read Full Story
Arsenal dumped out of Cup by Stoke, Man City win
January 24, 2010 – 11:00 pm

Arsenal joined Manchester United and Liverpool on the FA Cup scrapheap when Ricardo Fuller scored twice to condemn them to a 3-1 defeat at Stoke City in the fourth round on Sunday.

Read Full Story
Nose-breaker wasn’t a red card offence – Ronaldo
January 24, 2010 – 11:00 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo apologised for breaking Malaga defender Patrick Mtiliga’s nose in a La Liga match Sunday but said he should not have been sent off.

Read Full Story