Home » Local News, Rotating Features

Twp. responds to chimney fire on Long Lake Rd.

Submitted by Phil Heimerl on March 13, 2018 – 12:18 amNo Comment
Share

Alpena Township firefighters responded to a chimney fire Monday, at a residence on Long Lake Road.

Crews were sent to the home around 2:30 in the afternoon after the property owner called 911.

Fire Chief David Robbins said more smoke than usual was billowing out of the chimney when crews arrived on scene, and the residents of the home were safely outside.

Firefighters went onto the roof of the house and into the basement to investigate.  It was discovered the fire was inside the chimney and quickly extinguished.

There were no injuries and no damage reported.

RSS feed

Comments

No comments yet.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.