Home » Local News, Rotating Features

Iosco Co. receives railroad crossing grants

Submitted by Phil Heimerl on December 6, 2018 – 12:22 amNo Comment
Share

Two grants are headed to Isoco County for railroad crossing improvements through the Michigan Department of Transportation’s (MDOT) 2019 Local Grade Crossing Surface Program.

The program is part of MDOT’s commitment to improving safety and the quality of Michigan’s transportation system and offers recipients 60 percent of funding for eligible projects, with railroads responsible for the remaining 40 percent of costs.

The Iosco County Road Commission is receiving a grant to make railroad tracks repairs on Sand Lake Road; and the City of East Tawas is receiving a grant to make repairs to tracks on Wadsworth Street.

MDOT says 48 projects were awarded approximately $3 million to fund highway-railroad grade crossing surface improvements.  A total of 80 applications were submitted.

RSS feed

Comments

No comments yet.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.